Monday, October 30, 2006

Anniversary

Time sure flies. Yesterday, October 29th, was our wedding anniversary. My husband and I have been married for one year. We've known each other for much longer, but that is beside the point.
Yesterday was a day I had looked forward to for at least half a year. It had grown so big in my head, what a celebration.
But we had absolutely nothing planned and my dear SO had let me know that he hadn't bought me a gift because ... wait for it ...
He was busy! and of course I apparently am not an easy person to buy a gift for. Makes me wonder, who is an easy person, in his world, to buy a gift for?

I have known for months what to buy him, and it was nothing particularly romantic or extrordinary. But it was something that he really wanted, could easily have bought, but just never got around to. For whatever reason, the slacker gene maybe.
A minimaglite, wrapped up in a neat giftbox, nice paper with roses and all, put on his pillow overnight for him to see when he woke up - to make up for the less romantic part, the gift itself.
I told him, now everytime you light up that flashlight, you'll think of me. The light of your life.

He was absolutely elated when he opened it. And so was I.

He let me believe for a few hours that he really hadn't gotten me a gift, we watched a movie and I got used to the thought that, well maybe this day just wasn't as special to him as it was to me.

Untill he turned on a plate, blindfolded me and slowly - of course - unwrapped something. I was dying with curiousity by now. (I can see why he had to have me convinced he hadn't bought anything, or I would probably have bugged him about what it was.) He finally got whatever it was out of the box and I then felt hundreds of tiny cool drops with the most fantastic scent being sprayed on the top of my bared chest. Then his finger sliding from where he had sprayed this scent of dreams up to my neck, making the scent stronger.
He took off the blindfold, grinning. Satisfied that his little trick had worked.
What happens next must not be told. But it was a great day with awesome food, lots of laughter and good movies.


I am still convinced though, despite him saying he's had the perfume hidden in the car for 2 weeks, that it was a last minute thing - since he was in a rush to go shopping, ALONE, the day before the anniversary.
But who cares, his original way of presenting the gift makes up for it, tenfold.

No comments: