Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The funny things kids say and do...

Yesterday I was at my grandma's birthday party and where the family is, so is the memories. The talk about old times lasted for a good while. My mom told us a funny story, that neither I nor my cousin has any memory of anymore, we must have been around 5 and 6 at the time.

See, my aunt, she has a temper, she can scream and yell and make herself so red in the face that a tomato pales in comparison.
The day this incident happened, she had been working nights and were asleep on the couch, when she woke up to what she thought were us kids killing each other. She rushed to the room we were having our match to the death and screamed "What are you doing??? Stop it!"
To her surprise and emberrassment we answered: "But, we were just pretending to be you..."
Downcast and more red in the face than before, she went back to sleep on the couch.

I found some quotes of what children say and thought I'd share a few.
Christmas is only 2 months away, so here's a couple of christmas related ones first.

"I don't believe in santa. But I have seen his reindeer"

"I believe in santa, it's dad"

"I know santa lives on the north pole, but I don't believe in him"

Some children's logic....

"In a family you can say exactly what you want, without worrying that anybody should have the same opinion"

"Think about the biggest number you can imagine, now add 5. Imagine you have just as many bags of candy. Wow, that is 5 more than the biggest number you can imagine!"

And I'd like to share with you, a bit about the country I live in, Denmark, through the eyes of the children.

"There is no war in Denmark. Nobody wants us"

"Denmark is a nice country because there's lots of water and no war"

"Denmark is nice to live in, but Legoland is better"

No comments: