Sunday, February 24, 2008

The kiddiecam of the big bad internet

I've just about had it!

In the "fight against terror" EU has required surveillance of people's use of the internet.
Or put somewhat more specifically; they "only" require that information be stored about what PC has been used - for what, well, you'd have to write and ask EU about that....

Denmark has, as usual, gone their own ways and taken it a step further.
Denmark records what computer goes to what website, how long they stay there and how much information is downloaded/uploaded.

I feel offended. For me and for every other responsible adult outthere.
It is a matter of principle. What I do online is my own damn business.
I use the internet in my own private home, I'm not at an office or in school or kindergarten where I need to be watched all the time.

They made this surveillance to be able to spot potential terrorists doing whatever terrorists do online, but it's clear to anyone that their mission was stillborn.
Terrorists are usually not complete idiots, they will find a way around this system if they want.

So who are left to be targeted? The majority of the internet-users. Non-terrorists.

So basically it feels like big brother is watching you! We'll just watch you because you are morally detached. We'll just sit here and wiggle our political finger at you and keep you on a leash!

Who's winning this war on terrorism?
The terrorist are!!... The only ones paying are the innocent people.

They haven't caught a single terrorist yet with this surveillance and I honestly doubt they will...


I may not be doing illegal things online, but I get tempted to do so; as in finding a workaround their surveillance, just to fight for my rights of privacy!

No comments: