Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Free music? Woo!

As one of the many people who enjoy and appreciate music, I was thrilled when I heard about the possibility of getting FREE music - legally that is.

It was on a news site I read about Qtrax coming out. A program promising free music, only at the echange of putting up with an advertizement here and there.


So it would be like radio, only I could put together my own list of songs? Briliant!
I am not sure if it would be audio advertizement or just graphic ads in the program itself. But eitherway I don't mind.

I immediately went to the site. But they were only offering a download at a specific time of the day, which happened to be 6am my time. So no thanks, rather wait.

I waited.... and finally downloads were open at all times.


So okay, the program is Beta, can't expect a whole lot from a Beta version of something.
But I was more dissapointed than I could have imagined!

I wanted to get started right away, so I signed up. But... Whatever I did a 404 showed up inside the program. (It is sort of like a minuature browser inside the program)
No use.


Snapshot from qtrax.com



I tried again later and the 404 had stopped, but eventhough I found the search feature in the confusing layout - it wasn't working.
The only way I was going to actually be listening to music was if I would listen to the popular songs of the day - apparently some songs that had been appearing around blogs on the internet?!



I might aswell just listen to the radio then...



Well patience is said to be a virtue, so I waited....
And finally my patience paid off! The search function was working, so I looked up Billy Joel and to my amazement it actually came up with a whoooole lot of results and various of albums of his.

But that was it. Eye-candy was all it was.
The songs wouldn't actually play...Clicking a song would bring up a pop-up saying "Download coming soon !!"
And it wasn't just a coinsidence - I didn't actually manage to find a song that would play.



So now I wait... yet again.

No comments: