Sunday, October 15, 2006

Back to the middle age - thief burned alive!


This guy will hardly steal again, ever! Apparently he was cought stealing and locals decided it was time to stop it. They tied him up to a cross and burned his legs.
A priest and some villagers freed him and brought him to the hospital where his burns were treated.

I'd say that punishment might be a little over the top for a simple thief.
Actually I wonder how far they would have taken it if the priest and villagers hadn't stopped it.
That having been said, I'm known to be the first to suggest middle aged torture methods of punishments for people that I think deserve it. Such as murderers, child molestors, kidnappers, people mistreating animals. Peo... things in that category.
A thief? I don't know. Take a finger and steal his clothes and have him run around naked for a while. That should be enough.

No comments: