Saturday, October 14, 2006

Over the sea

A friend that I love and care for needs me, now more than ever.
There is nothing in the world I want more, than to be able to help, but I'm powerless. I feel like I'm watching someone drown while my hands are tied on my back. I can do nothing, but watch as it happens.

I'm calling from my spot on the shore, hoping that my voice will keep him fighting, keep his head above water.

He'll make it, I know, cause he's strong and he has the willpower!

I just wish I could hold and hug him. Watch him fall asleep and drift off to dreamland in peace and quiet. Listening to the calm sounds of his breathing.
I would sit right next to him for as long as he slept, making sure that the first thing he'd see, when he once again opened his eyes, would be me. My voice would be the first sound he heard.

The urge to protect is so strong, it's pulsating through my veins, beating in pace with my heart. It's making my fingers tremor the same way too much caffeine would.

Why does that ocean have to keep us apart?

I feel restless.

No comments: